Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Logging to Snort Report

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 17:01:28 -0400

First things first, can you post your output method And your Snort command line command into the email thread?

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 11, 2010, at 4:37 PM, "Greg Lane" <greglane () laneconstinc com> wrote:

Hi All,

I’m in need of guidance.  I have searched the forums on Snort.org and posted questions to no avail.  It seems the
when I search the things I do find there isn’t a solution or any postings in the thread either.

I have just installed Snort 2.8.6.1 on Ubuntu 10.04 using snort report.  I used the install guide on snort.org and
gone through my conf files numerous times and can’t seem to find out why I’m not getting any data into Snort Report.

I have mirrored a port on my router on my outside interface and have used wireshark to check to see if I am getting
traffic brought over and I am.  I also have used nmap and ran multiple scans on my outside ip address and I am
getting nothing.

Any help is greatly appreciated because I believe I have exhausted all that I can think of (which isn’t really that
much) to try and find the problem here.

Greg Lane

IT Manager

Lane Enterprises