Snort mailing list archives

Alerts of ftp_telnet

From: "Chong Lee Poh" <Chong.LeePoh () allianz com my>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 17:35:33 +0800

Hi,

I am getting the following alerts between 2 unrelated servers:

(ftp_telnet) Invalid FTP Command

(ftp_telnet) Evasive (incomplete) TELNET CMD on FTP Command Channel

Can someone tell me what does that mean? I could not find any
explanation from Rule Search or SnortID.com.  Please help!

Your assistance is very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Regards,
Lee Poh

This e-mail and any attachments therewith are intended only for the use of the address. This e-mail may contain
confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, copying or  disclosure of information contained in this
e-mail or its attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this e-mail in error, please
contact the sender via return e-mail and delete this e-mail and attachments thereafter. Any confidentiality or
privilege is not waived or lost because this e-mail has been sent to you by mistake. Any liability for viruses is
excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.