Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort DOS rules & DDOS rules

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 10:09:20 -0400

All rules should be used only in an applicable environment. Does it make sense in your environment to use those rules?
Then by all means, turn them on.

If you use pulledpork to update the rules, you can use the -I command line tag in order to use one of the base policies
that Sourcefire creates for your environment.

Sent from my iPhone