Snort mailing list archives

Re: preprocessor alert

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 08:46:00 -0400

On Wed, Aug 4, 2010 at 8:04 AM, Jason Wallace <jason.r.wallace () gmail com>wrote:

If you want to limit/suppress this alert for a single host or network,
then take a look at your gen-msg.map. That will give you the GID and
the SID of the preprocessor alert. You can use that information to
create a threshold or suppression statement. If you do not want to
ever see the alert for any host look in preprocessor.rules and disable
the rule.

Wally