Snort mailing list archives

Re: Linking custom dynamic-preprocessor

From: Steven Sturges <steve.sturges () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 09:55:10 -0400

Automake, autoconf, etc.

I'd suggest a rerun of everything "auto" from scratch.

libtoolize --automake --copy
aclocal -I m4
autoheader
automake --add-missing --copy
autoconf

Then run the configure command.

It should sync up all of the versions to what you have on your
system.

On 7/22/2010 9:48 AM, Fuat Yosanto wrote:

Re-running the "auto" tools? Do you mean running "automake"?
Can you explain the details?

I have tried running "automake" in top level directory of snort sources.
Then, I got this error message:

error: this file was generated for autoconf 2.61.
You have another version of autoconf.  If you want to use that,
you should regenerate the build system entirely.

FYI: I'm using Mandriva 2010.0 with autoconf 2.65.
Should I downgrade my autoconf to 2.61? Or maybe I did it in the wrong
way?

Thanks a lot.