Snort mailing list archives

Re: Bizarre signature

From: "Jefferson, Shawn" <Shawn.Jefferson () bcferries com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:33:39 -0600

Hi,

If you are using pulledpork, it might have caused this... since it doesn't download both the snort rules and emerging
threats rules with one config, you have to specific one of the rules files as "local rules" for it to include them in
the sid-msg.map.  At least that is my understanding, and this is working for me.

here's the relevant stuff from my ET pulledpork config:

base_url=http://emergingthreats.net/rules
rule_file=emerging.rules.tar.gz
rule_path=/etc/snort/rules/emerging.rules
local_rules=/etc/snort/rules/snort.rules,/etc/snort/rules/local.rules