Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort error

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 08:10:36 -0400

The problem is that, although configure found libz, make didn't find it.

Configure doesn't have a --with-libz-libraries so you could try
reconfiguring with this additional option:

    --with-libpcap-libraries=DIR

where DIR is the directory containing libz.a and libz.so.*.  Even though
that says libpcap, it should cause the correct directory to appear in the
make.

Be sure you make clean and then reconfigure.

Alternatives that come to mind are installing libz where libpcap is or
adding links from the libpcap directory to the libz directory.

I'll look into adding suitable --with-libz-* to Snort's configure.

Let me know how it works out.

Thanks
Russ