Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-users] Update your oinkmaster/pulled_porkconf files

From: Todd Adamson <radamson () routers com>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 10:39:21 -0500

Ok, I'm confused.

I just ran my oinkmaster update, and I get the following:

C:\Snort\oinkmaster>c:\Perl\bin\perl.exe
c:\snort\Oinkmaster\oinkmaster.pl -C
c:\snort\Oinkmaster\weekend-oinkmaster.conf -o c:\snort\rules

Downloading file from
http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/<oink_code_removed>/snortrules-snapshot-2860.tar.gz...

c:\snort\Oinkmaster\oinkmaster.pl: Error: could not download
from
http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/<oink_code_removed>/snortrules-snapshot-2860.tar.gz:
403 Forbidden

I haven't tried the other format, however by your latest
statement I shouldn't have to change???

Am I missing something?  I could just be reading over an
error somewhere after reading it over and over...

Todd

Mike Guiterman wrote:
Hi all,

I just met with our web team.  The net is - I misread the impact of the
changes on Oinkmaster users and gave you all bad guidance.

The download URL in the Oikmaster conf. file should be:

*For snort 2.8.6.0 <http://2.8.6.0>:*

      url = http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/<oinkcode>/snortrules-snapshot-2860.tar.gz

*For snort 2.8.5.3 <http://2.8.5.3>:*

      url = http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/<oinkcode>/snortrules-snapshot-2853.tar.gz

The new links I gave yesterday are for those using their oinkcode to download rules without logging in or using
oinkmaster.

My apologies for the issues this might have caused.

Mike

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 11:16 AM, Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com