Snort mailing list archives

Re: Automatic Snort Ruleset Updates through Scripting

From: Nigel Houghton <nhoughton () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 07:24:56 -0400

On Monday, June 28, 2010, Randal T. Rioux <randy () procyonlabs com> wrote:
0. Top posting releases demons into email threads. But my diatribe gets old.

Posting in the middle makes the baby Jesus cry

1. Who handles the Oinkcodes? BTW, I've never used Oinkmaster, which
leads me to this question: What the hell is an Oinkcode?

You do, from your account on snort.org. You click something, and you
get one. It's a token that belongs to you, identifies you so you can
download stuff.

2. <blank stare, looks to left, switch to right>

The chicken is down.

Randy

PS Just noticed Watchinski is on my neighborhood board - Long Reach
represent! (I thought that name looked familiar so I went through my
stack of mail :-)

Taking over the world, one neighborhood at a time.