Snort mailing list archives

using Snort to audit the firewall

From: Cristian Grigoriu <grig () sinc ro>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 00:36:43 +0300

Hi guys,

I have deployed a firewall using iptables. I would like to employ Snort
to audit the firewall by logging any packet which was not suppossed to
get through firewall but somehow has escaped.

4 days ago I have posted this question to Snort Newbie forum:

https://forums.snort.org/forums/snort-newbies/topics/using-snort-to-audit-my-own-firewalls

How can I achieve this? Is this even possible?

Thank you,

Cristian Grigoriu