Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort rules help

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 09:19:36 -0400

My suggestion is to look into suppression.  Check README.thresholding in the doc/ directory of the Snort tarball

9:07 AM, on Jun 8, 2010, wrote:

Hi all,

I am getting may false alerts (spp_ssh) Protocol mismatch from 1 machine we use to scan our machines for open ports.
I have tried everything I can think of so as not too have these alerts show up in BASE. All the alertds come from 1
IP Address so is there anything I can do so that they don't get written to the DB.

--
Joel Esler
302-223-5974