Snort mailing list archives

Re: Suppress versus #Rule for performance.

From: "Jefferson, Shawn" <Shawn.Jefferson () bcferries com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 15:15:32 -0600

Hi,

There are lots of rules for systems that we don't run, and I've thought about disabling them to improve performance,
however this is a daunting job as it seems I have to go into every rules file (actually oinkmaster or pulled pork conf)
and disable them.  How are other people doing this, or are you just not doing it at all?

Thanks,
Shawn