Snort mailing list archives

Re: SF: Someone please update the gen-msg.map in rules tarball

From: Nigel Houghton <nhoughton () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 08:22:27 -0400

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 9:29 PM, Russell Fulton <r.fulton () auckland ac nz> wrote:
Hi Nigel,

On 20/05/2010, at 1:07 PM, Nigel Houghton wrote:

On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 6:23 PM, Russell Fulton <r.fulton () auckland ac nz> wrote:
It is now quite out of date compared with that distributed in the source tarball!

Thanks, Russell

The gen-msg.map in the latest snortrules-snapshot-2860_s.tar.gz is
exactly the same as the one in the Snort tarball for 2.8.6.0.

Can you be more specific about the gen-msg.map you are referring to?

http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/oinkcode/snortrules-snapshot-2.8.tar.gz

I get permission denied when I get the _s file as we decided not to renew our sub.

Should I re-register?

Russell

--
Nigel Houghton