Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-users] Win32 Users Survey

From: Steven Sturges <steve.sturges () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 23:06:09 -0400

Hi Rob--

I was asking more from the perspective of seeing how people used
Snort, as we're looking at updating/adding to the output of -W.

If Win32 Snort users aren't using the \Device approach with -i,
the device information is probably not needed in the -W output.

And this is for the Snort released from snort.org, not winsnort.  ;)

Cheers.
-steve

Rob Dixon wrote:
what version of winsnort and winpcap?

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 5:28 PM, Steven Sturges <steve.sturges () sourcefire com