Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort on Windows starts but doesn't create any alerts

From: "Michael Green" <Michael.Green () gbst com>
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 07:19:37 +1000

To discover what interfaces are available on Windows try windump -D that
will enumerate the interfaces. Also it will return a numbered list of
really long device names, with the -i switch you can just specify the
number. Since both snort and windump both use the -i switch you can test
it first using windump.

i.e.          windump -i 1

If you get the traffic you are expecting you are good to go otherwise
just try -i 2 etc.

Hope this helps

Michael