Snort mailing list archives

Re: Distro of choice

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 11:22:27 -0400

Just let me echo what Nick just said.  Shared Object rules don't work on
Windows.

If you are using Snort on Windows i'd encourage you to move off if possible.

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 10:29 AM, Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists () tx rr com>wrote:

The best OS for Snort is the one you know the most about.  In depth
knowledge
of the OS allows you to concentrate on what matters - the snort processes -
and
ensures that you will likely secure the box sufficiently to protect it from
attack.

--On Monday, May 03, 2010 23:27:54 -0400 BrainStomp Snort