Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort as an anomalous behavior IDS

From: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists () tx rr com>
Date: Fri, 02 Apr 2010 16:25:10 -0500

You might be better off using the HTTP_PORTS variable.

pass tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"Ignoring outbound
HTTP"; sid:10000001;)

BTW, most trojans nowadays communicate on port 80, so you'll miss any trojan
infections that do that.  (Don't know if that's a problem for you or not.)