Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort 2.8.6 inline mode issues

From: Will Metcalf <william.metcalf () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 13:05:06 -0500

iptables  -I FORWARD -j QUEUE

Will send all traffic going across the bridge to snort if that is what you are trying to accomplish.

Regards,

Will
On Apr 27, 2010, at 12:22 PM, "Lawrence R. Hughes, Sr." <lhughes () safemedia com > wrote:

Hi,

We currently have a linux box with a bridge (br0), ip_queue and iptables, but we do not use any firewalls, nor do we want too.. When running snort 2.8.6 (inline mode) we don't get any reporting, snort can't see any of the packets?

Can someone give us the commands for setting up the iptables please?

Thanks,
Larry