Snort mailing list archives

Re: rpm vs tarball

From: Ryan Jordan <ryan.jordan () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 16:07:50 -0400

The plain RPM builds with "--enable-decoder-preprocessor-rules
--enable-targetbased", and the other RPMs build with their respective
database options turned on.

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 4:32 PM, Gregory Zill <gregory () r3g net> wrote:
What configure options are usually used in the rpm (ex:
snort-2.8.5.3-1.src.rpm) versus the source tarball (ex:
snort-2.8.5.2.tar.gz)? I am asking because I prefer to install with
--enable-targetbased and --with-mysql but I am training a remote admin and
thought rpm would be easier, but having second thoughts. Any advice
appreciated.

--
“I think we all have a little voice inside us that will guide us… if we shut
out all the noise and clutter from our lives and listen to that voice, it

Gregory W Zill, MBA, CISSP