Snort mailing list archives

Re: Weird happenings

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:44:52 -0400

This one came up before ... try adding this line to the inline.c includes:

#include <netinet/ether.h>

Snort has to work around a broken include.

Russ

On Mon, Apr 19, 2010 at 8:43 AM, <redwookie () gmail com> wrote:

I had set-up a Snort box running on RHEL 5.4 and all was good. Now it is a
few weeks alter, and I am not sure what happened but I went to check the
Snort and it was not running. When I tried to restart, I go the error:
"-bash: snort: command not found". Not knowing what could've happened,
because all the files and configs and what-not are where I expect them to
be. So I tried to recompile (make distclean, ./configure --enable-sourcefire
--enable-reload --enable-inline), thinking a recent RHEL update may have
messed things up, and during the make I get the following:
inline.c: In function âRejectLayer2â:
inline.c:591: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[3]: *** [inline.o] Error 1
HUH? Any ideas on what's going on here and how do i fix this so I can get
this back online?
V/r,
Erik