Snort mailing list archives

Re: undefined symbol: LibVersion error

From: Richard Bejtlich <taosecurity () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 13:49:34 -0400

On Sun, Apr 18, 2010 at 12:19 PM, David Holder <david.holder () gmail com> wrote:
Hi JJC,

1. Yes I did
2. Fair enough, however I would rather get basic functionality working
first, and then proceed to refine my Snort deployment.
3. I've done a test and received the following output:

Action Stats:
ALERTS: 0
LOGGED: 0
PASSED: 0

I assume nothing has been logged into the Database. Can you please tell me
how I can configure snort to log all traffic, I've gone through various
tutorials online, completed everything that was listed but alas, nothing is
going into my DB.

Thanks,

Hi David,

If you're not generating any alerts, you're not going to log anything
in your database.

You might want to try getting Snort to generate alerts without
involving any database first.

One example is here:

http://searchnetworkingchannel.techtarget.com/tip/0,289483,sid100_gci1380476,00.html

Sincerely,