Snort mailing list archives

Re: throughput of snort usually(and with specific rules)

From: d a <xstoneheartx () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:26:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
Thanks for your attention.
Sorry for that mismatch. I used Ethernet 10/100 because I thought that the traffic rate for snort  should be under
100Mb to works perfectly, But actually I want to use Ethernet 10/100/1000 for my need of 200Mb traffic  rate if snort
can support it. I want to use my box to protect network of a place like university.
I want to use snort for both IDS and IPS modes.

What can I do to detect phishing attacks in my IDS/IPS box. Can use of ClamAv with snort be helpful?

Any help will be appreciated.