Snort mailing list archives

Re: Has a rule been created for this?

From: "Adam Richards" <adam.richards () ecimln com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 11:45:11 -0500

Correct.

Adam Richards,CISSP | CEH

-----Original Message-----
From: evilghost () packetmail net [mailto:evilghost () packetmail net]
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2010 11:40 AM
To: Adam Richards
Cc: snort-sigs () lists sourceforge net
Subject: Re: [Snort-sigs] Has a rule been created for this?

PHP is server-side, what behavior were you wanting to alert on
specifically? Best I can figure you want to detect on upload of this
file to an HTTPd, correct?

-evilghost

Adam Richards wrote:
I have been seeing this obfuscated php file around a lot lately and I
wasn't sure if there was a rule yet for it. There are a few unique
strings in it that we can look for.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:MyKUomVp7rQJ:forums

.devnetwork.net/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D34%26t%3D88942+L0oZuRpAnTz&cd=1&hl=e
n&ct=clnk&gl=us

Adam Richards,CISSP | CEH