Snort mailing list archives

Re: [Snort-users] throughput of snort usually(and with specific rules)

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () me com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 09:32:48 -0400

Hello,

At Sourcefire, with our hardware, we have boxes that achieve a
throughput of 20 gig a second.

For a non-appliance, It depends more on things, hardware, rules, ram,
nic driver, etc.  For our appliances, we design our boxes for speed.

However, Snort doesn't have a speed hard stop.

--
Joel Esler
Sent from my iPhone