Snort mailing list archives

Re: Trouble in triggering the snort rule to detect FTP Brute Force attack

From: Joel Esler <joel.esler () me com>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 10:07:13 -0400

It looks like your connection is going from your home network outbound, so if you have your variables defined, you
might not get the result you were expecting.

However, to troubleshoot, you can try setting your variables to "any", and try removing your threshold statements from
the rule. See if it triggers without the thresholds then adjust from there.

--
Sent from my iPad
AIM: eslerjoel