Snort mailing list archives

IBM DotStar

From: "Randal T. Rioux" <randy () procyonlabs com>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 15:13:29 -0400

I just read in the current issue of Computer from IEEE an article
detailing IBM's development of something called DotStar. It appears this
code greatly enhances regex via compilation and single-pass analysis, and
is tuned for multi-core performance.

Unfortunately, I can't find much info on the Web about this. Nor could I
find any code to play with.

This seems like it could have a great impact on software like Snort. Does
anyone know anything more about this?

Thanks!
Randy