Snort mailing list archives

problems with using barnyard 2-1.2

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () auckland ac nz>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2010 12:59:13 +1300

I've finally got around to tweaking the schema in the snort database and am now moving to using barnyard 2-1.2
but I am getting these errors in the syslog:

barnyard: WARNING: No function defined to read header.

and no checkpoint file created ?

Looks like it does not know what data basetype to use.

configured with --with-mysql and mysql given in conf file...

Russell