Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort on OSSIM

From: Kaushal Shriyan <kaushalshriyan () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 19:08:27 +0530

On Wed, Mar 17, 2010 at 6:50 PM, Crook, Parker <Parker_Crook () reyrey com> wrote:
Kaushal,

I honestly don't think you can configure Snort via the OSSIM web interface -- since there are only a number of
settings that are passed from the OSSIM configs to the snort.debian.conf file it would stand to reason that OSSIM
itself is not reading the snort.conf file to pass it up to the webpage (since OSSIM never touches the file, but
instead evokes the settings in the snort.debian.conf as command-line options).

Pretty much the only thing you can configure in the web interface for Snort is the priority and reliability of the
rules.

-Parker

Hi Parker,

Thanks for the quick reply.

where do i configure in the web interface for Snort the priority and
reliability of the rules ? I checked under Configuration > Collection.

Could not locate it. I am using OSSIM 2.2

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards,

Kaushal