Snort mailing list archives

Re: Anyone having problems with Oinkmaster getting 404 error?

From: Nigel Houghton <nhoughton () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 11:24:55 -0500

On Thu, Mar 11, 2010 at 11:08 AM, Andy Berryman <aberryman () cymtec com> wrote:
I'm sure I'm typing in the link wrong, but it worked last week when I did
this. I'm getting a 404 error when Oinkmaster runs on one of my test boxes.

Downloading file from
http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/*oinkcode*/snortrules-snapshot-2.8.tar.gz...

./oinkmaster.pl: Error: could not download from
http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/*oinkcode*/snortrules-snapshot-2.8.tar.gz.
Output from wget follows:

 http://www.snort.org/pub-bin/oinkmaster.cgi/*oinkcode*/snortrules-snapshot-2.8.tar.gz

Resolving www.snort.org... 68.177.102.20 Connecting to
www.snort.org|68.177.102.20|:80... connected.

HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 302 Found

Location:
http://dl.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2.8.tar.gz?oink_code=removed
[following]

--2010-03-11 10:05:53--
http://dl.snort.org/reg-rules/snortrules-snapshot-2.8.tar.gz?oink_code=removed

Resolving dl.snort.org... 68.177.102.34

Connecting to dl.snort.org|68.177.102.34|:80... connected.

2010-03-11 10:05:53 ERROR 404: Not Found.

Thanks,

Andy Berryman

________________________________
This message from Cymtec Systems, Inc. contains confidential information and
is solely for the use of the recipient(s) named above. If you are not the
intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message in
error and that any review, disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the
contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
message in error, please destroy it immediately and notify Cymtec Systems,
Inc. by telephone at +1.314.993.8700 or by return e-mail.

Looks like you are trying to download the registered rules. As a
registered user you can only download the rules once in a 15 minute
period. Try again in 20 minutes.

However, if you are an integrator, you should probably have a
subscription and you should be pulling the subscription rule set which
has no such limitation.

--
Nigel Houghton
Head Mentalist