Snort mailing list archives

Re: BUG: corner case involving http_cookie

From: Will Metcalf <william.metcalf () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:56:57 -0600

How about this one, using the same pcap. I have both client and server
flow_depth set to 0.

#test 72 http_cookie + byte_test.
#hmm interesting using http_cookie in combination with byte_test seems
to fail always. Removing either the byte_test check or the http_cookie
modifier will cause this sig to fire.  Notice that the byte_test
#check isn't even relative to the content match.
#
#file oisfsearchnums.pcap
alert tcp any any -> any any (msg:"e6504ae48c99f09df7f58996aacbb6b0 +
http_cookie + byte_test"; content:"e6504ae48c99f09df7f58996aacbb6b0";
http_cookie; byte_test:2,=,12,596,string,dec; classtype:bad-unknown;
sid:72; rev:1;)

Regards,

Will