Snort mailing list archives

Re: stream based av and snort/Stream5

From: lynch meng <lynch.meng () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 10:29:03 +0800

on tue, 9 Mar 2010 15:59:54 -0500, randy () procyonlabs com wrote:
hello all! I am working for develop a snort preprosessor to do stream
based anti virus. I need do mime decodeing and decompress, so reassembled
packets should come to my preprosessor sequentially. client side packet
have no problem, but i can not get packet with PKT_REBUILT_STREAM flags
from server side?

As Snort is not currently multi-threaded, wouldn't this have terrible
consequences when larger files are encountered?

Then again, does the threading factor even matter? I'm not too familiar
with the internals of preprocessors (do/can they lock?).

Randy

about larger files problem, streamav_size option will be added.  av
engine will be skipped
when over size file encountered.

lynch.meng