Snort mailing list archives

Re: Can't make snort create a core file when it segfaults.

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 11:03:12 -0500

Andy,

Now that you can get a core do you have info for us to help you debug the
problem?

The version, conf, any relevant logs, and, ideally, a stack trace would be a
good start.

Thanks
Russ

On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Andy Berryman <aberryman () cymtec com> wrote:

Got it to work. Thanks for the help. Had to add these two lines to my
script that started snort.

ulimit -c unlimited
echo "/snort/%e-%p" >/proc/sys/kernel/core_pattern

Thanks,
Andy