Snort mailing list archives

Re: Strange Alert

From: Todd Wease <twease () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:03:39 -0500

On 02/10/2010 08:54 AM, Jens Link wrote:
Nigel Houghton<nhoughton () sourcefire com>  writes:

Then if you look in the doc directory (it's in the distribution, look
for it) you will find the document that accompanies this event, it is
named 133-34.txt. (I thought the gid-sid.txt naming convention might be
helpful)

Thanks for your help Nigel,

apparently there is no doc/signatures directory in the 2.8.5.2
tarball. There is one in the 2.8.5.1 tarball though. I guess that's why
I couldn't find it.

cheers,

Jens

Jens,

Take a look in doc/README.dcerpc2 for an explanation of that event.
It's meant to try to identify evasions where a request is fragmented
unnecessarily.

Todd