Snort mailing list archives

Rules and sensor management

From: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists () tx rr com>
Date: Mon, 08 Feb 2010 15:00:21 -0600

I'm looking for something that can manage rules and conf files on multiple
sensors.  I do *not* want something that automagically fetches the vrt rules
and uses oinkmaster to maintain the rules, because that's not what I'm doing on
these particular sensors.

I looked at IDS Policy Manager, which looked promising (even though it's
written for Windows only), but the dang thing doesn't work.  I can't browse to
my hard drive and load my existing rules, conf file and other files.

It doesn't have to be a dumbed down GUI.

Buehler????

--
Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst