Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard Not Outputting to Syslog

From: "Jefferson, Shawn" <Shawn.Jefferson () bcferries com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 09:54:02 -0700

I suggest you go to Barnyard2, it is currently supported and being developed.

I had a similar setup once (I'm now using Barnyard2), and I believe you actually have to run two instances of barnyard,
since barnyard doesn't seem to be able to send alerts to two different locations (that's my recollection anyway, as I
said, now I'm using Barnyard2, and it definitely will do what you want.)