Snort mailing list archives

Re: Question on fast_pattern

From: Todd Wease <twease () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 09:26:01 -0400

All uri/http buffer contents will be added to the fast pattern matcher.
  For each port group, there are potentially two fast pattern matchers -
one for http contents and one for regular contents.  Because more than
one http buffer can be used as the input string to the fast pattern
matcher, all http contents are added to that fast pattern matcher,
instead of having a fast pattern matcher for each http content.