Snort mailing list archives

Re: flowbits:set SID:15730 SID:16093

From: Alex Kirk <akirk () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 16:14:29 -0500

Not errors on your part, actually good catches.

I'm not sure what happened with the first flowbit, since we've got no record
of ever having a second rule that would have used that flowbit. It's been
deleted over here, and will go out that way in the next SEU.

The second flowbit had a rule that used it in our tracking system, and
somehow that rule never made it into the SEU - probably an error on my part
while doing a manual add, since I'm the one who committed the rule with the
flowbit. It's been added now, and will be out in the next SEU.