Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort+BASE+Bigfix

From: Jason Haar <Jason.Haar () trimble co nz>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 14:01:08 +1300

On 11/24/2009 11:25 AM, Joel Esler wrote:

    If anyone out there is using Snort, BASE and also uses Bigfix for
    patch management, I’ve got my system setup so that when you click
    on an IP address in BASE, you also have a link to Bigfix Web
    Reports (a report created by one of the Bigfix devs) for that
    machine so you can quickly lookup applied/missing patches.

    If you are interested I can share the Bigfix report, and also the
    changes I made to BASE to add the link.

Submit it to the base team at base [at] secureideas.net
<http://secureideas.net> for possible inclusion into the BASE product
itself.

Could you look to generalizing it so that other web-based products could
be hooked in instead? eg. an "API" whereby each base site can choose the
URL they want to use, and base can pass on attributes like ip address to
that URL. (we have our own "asset tracking" system internally, and being
able to link it into base would be very nice. Same goes for our Nessus
reports)

--
Cheers

Jason Haar
Phone: +64 3 9635 377 Fax: +64 3 9635 417