Snort mailing list archives

Unixsock plugin?

From: Honia A <honia2002 () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 12:14:04 -0500

Hi all,

I have a question on how to use Snort unixsock plugin.

1) I followed the direction in the manual and added the line output alert_unixsock to snort.conf file.

2) Then I run the snort command like this:  snort  -A unsock -c snort.conf and will start to get some output inside the
terminal.

I was wondering if you could please let me know if I am doing this the right way or I am missing some steps?

If I am doing this the correct way, what is it supposed to happen ultimately?

(I made sure the /var/log/snort directory does contain the snort_alert file if it matters)

Thanks in advance,

http://www.microsoft.com/Windows/windows-7/default.aspx?h=myidea?ocid=PID24727::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WWL_WIN_myidea:112009