Snort mailing list archives

Re: How to test Snort on a real system?

From: justin joseph <justinjoseph007 () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 16:15:55 +0530

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 1:23 AM, Honia A <honia2002 () hotmail com> wrote:
Hi,

I have installed Snort on a Linux box and tested it by running this command:
snort -de -l logs/ -c /home/h/snort-2.8.5.1/etc/snort.conf

Now, I was wondering if there is any way to "attack" my Linux box as a
test...

I have used this to test snort:

http://www.hsc.fr/ressources/outils/idswakeup/index.html.en

Thanks in advance,