Snort mailing list archives

snort dyn preproc example

From: alessandrorguard-snortml () yahoo it
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 18:02:59 +0000 (GMT)

Hi all!
I tried to make work the dynamic preprocessor example that is in the
snort-2.8.5.1/src/dynamic-examples/dynamic-preprocessor directory.
I followed the tutorial i found in
http://www.sans.org/reading_room/whitepapers/tools/developing_a_snort_dynamic_preprocessor_32874
but, following the exact instructions, I'm not able to log
[256:1:1] example_preprocessor: src port match
as in the paper.
(other test with portscan get logged without problems)
Is there anyone who can help me?
Alessandro R