Snort mailing list archives

snort 2.8.5 on x64 centos and "ERROR: Invalid argument: include"

From: Agent Smith <news8080 () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 06:14:12 -0700 (PDT)

I just installed snort 2.8.5 with the following configure;make ;make install. I didn't modify the default config file
and tried to run it and it gave me include errors like listed below. The only thing I changed was RULE_PATH and that's
it.

/configure --enable-dynamicplugin --enable-timestats  --enable-ppm --enable-perfprofiling  --enable-gre --with-mysql
--libdir=/usr/lib64 --with-libdir=lib64 --with-mysql-libraries=/usr/lib64/mysql/

var RULE_PATH /etc/snort/rules

# snort -i eth3 -c /etc/snort/etc/snort.conf  --dynamic-preprocessor-lib-dir /usr/local/lib/snort_dynamicpreprocessor
-vvv
..
..
..
Portscan Detection Config:
    Detect Protocols:  TCP UDP ICMP IP
    Detect Scan Type:  portscan portsweep decoy_portscan distributed_portscan
    Sensitivity Level: Low
    Memcap (in bytes): 10000000
    Number of Nodes:   31347
ERROR: Invalid argument: include
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Anyone? I don't even know where to look. Its a 64bit centos 5 install.