Snort mailing list archives

Re: Complete packet payload search

From: Todd Wease <twease () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 06:52:41 -0400

Try setting flow_depth to 0 - this will inspect entire server payload.

On 10/26/2009 06:40 AM, luismanuel.carril () usc es wrote:
Hi,
    I´m trying to use Snort to see if some keywords are crossing the
network in any kind of packet. But , for example, with the rule:

     alert ip any 80 ->  any any (content:"foo"; msg:"Foo detected";)

    If a webserver send me a response with a webpage with the word
"foo" it isn´t detected. I´ve seen that http_inspect preprocessor has
a flow_depth parameter but even with it with the value of 1460, I
still cannot search all the packet payload.

    What parameters I need to change to make this possible?

Thank you
Luis M.