Snort mailing list archives

Next Snort Users Webinar: July 24

From: Mike Guiterman <mguiterman () sourcefire com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:02:36 -0400

Hi All,

There are many options out there for you to modify your Snort Install and
make it all your own.  In the next Snort Users webinar, Leon Ward and JJ
Cummings will reprise the role of Xzibit from the MTV classc "Pimp my Ride"
and discuss three open source tools that will help you pimp your Snort
Install.  Tools covered in this episode include:

•    Dumb Pig - Parses a snort rule-set, and depending on command line
options, will recommend “fixes” for dumb Snort rules.
•    Snort/Google Earth mashup - Plots attacker location via Google Earth
•    Pulled Pork - Beta release of a new Snort rules management tool

When you register for the event make sure you include your CISSP number.
We’ll be submitting CPE credits for CISSPs that attend.

Webinar details:

Date: July 24, 2009
Time: 10:00 AM US Eastern Daylight Time (GMT -4:00)

To register for this webinar visit:
https://sourcefireevents.webex.com/sourcefireevents/onstage/g.php?t=a&d=661765594

As always this session will be recorded and posted on Snort.org for future
use.

I hope you can join us.

Regards,

Mike