Snort mailing list archives

still fighting with so_rules

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () auckland ac nz>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2009 19:00:41 +1200

I see to my dismay that the only precompiled rules for rhe are for 64
bit 5.0.   Our standard corporate image is 5.3 (32 bit ?).  Having
finally got one of my sensors upgraded (from reh 3) I get this error:

FATAL ERROR: Failed to load /home/snort/Rules/so_rules/bad-
traffic.so: /home/snort/Rules/so_rules/bad-traffic.so: wrong ELF
class: ELFCLASS64

Google indicates that this is indeed caused by incompatibilities
between 32 and 64bit binaries.

I'm getting rather peeved that sourcefire accepted my $1200 and has so
far failed to deliver anything that I can use in the way of compiled
rules.

I won't be renewing VRT subscription.

Russell