Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard syslog problem

From: "Jefferson, Shawn" <Shawn.Jefferson () bcferries com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 16:54:54 -0600

Looking into running two output plugins (one for alert and one for log unified files) with one barnyard instance, and
the configuration allows me to specifc both, and testing with -R shows both, but how does the bookmark file work in
this scenario?  Any barnyard experts know?  Do you have to run two instances if you want to process both the alert and
log unified files with barnyard?

The bookmark file looks like this (for my alert barnyard):
/var/log/snort
snort.alert
1246658739
205