Snort mailing list archives

Re: Cant build rpm for 2.8.5

From: Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz <luis.daniel.lucio () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:34:26 -0500

Le mercredi 23 septembre 2009 11:33:01, vous avez écrit :
On Wed, Sep 23, 2009 at 10:35:22AM -0500, Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz wrote:
I got this, reviewn config.log

configure:3611: gcc -O2 -g -pipe -Wformat =format-security -Wp,-
D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -fexceptions -fstack-protector
--param=ssp-buffer-size=4 - fstack-protector-all -fomit-frame-pointer
-march=i586 -mtune=generic - fasynchronous-unwind-tables   conftest.c
&5
gcc: =format-security: No such file or directory
configure:3615: $? = 1
configure:3652: result:

this is error,   I thing is not snort issue, but anyway if you know
how to fix, plz help me.

LD

The snort source tarball doesn't contain "format-security" anywhere.
Mandrive seems to use that gcc compiler flag "-Wformat=format-security"
by default since some months, but as I never used mandriva I can't be
much help there.

You may look where in your build environment that compiler flag is added
and try to get rid of the extra space there.

Just out of interest: what configure options or additional patches (if
any) do you use for building the rpm? IIRC you are the package
maintainer(?)

Regards,
Markus

Fixed, thanx