Snort mailing list archives

Re: problem downloading vrt rules with oinkmaster

From: Russell Fulton <r.fulton () auckland ac nz>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2009 11:23:26 +1200

Sigh...  you have run foul of the restrictions on downloading ruleset
twice in too short a time frame (supposedly 15 minutes).  If you do
this in a browser you will see the text sent with the 403 message,
wget does not display this.

I've had problems with wget displaying the 403 even when there has
been no download for a long time.  This does not happen with a normal
browser.  I don't know what the problem is.