Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard2 conf syntax for syslog

From: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists () tx rr com>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 18:58:07 +0000

Try this:

Syslog Format
# Examples:
#       output alert_syslog
#       output alert_syslog: host=192.168.10.1
#       output alert_syslog: host=sysserver.com:1001
#       output alert_syslog: LOG_AUTH LOG_INFO

output alert_syslog: host=1.1.1.1 LOG_AUTH LOG_ALERT

The semi-colon is required.  That's why it's in the examples.

--On Friday, September 04, 2009 13:00:40 -0500 "Jefferson, Shawn"