Snort mailing list archives

Re: home_net/external_net problem

From: Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists () tx rr com>
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 17:57:16 +0000

--On Wednesday, September 02, 2009 11:54:54 -0500 "Jefferson, Shawn"
<Shawn.Jefferson () bcferries com> wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem with defining my networks in snort.conf.

My home net is 10.10.0.0/13, but I want to set 10.10.22.0/24 as external
since it is a VPN assigned range.

I can’t figure out how to easily specify the ranges in home_net and
external_net to do this.

HOME_NET [10.0.0.0/13,!10.10.22.0/24]
EXTERNAL_NET !$HOME_NET

--